Before going vegan, you get really interested in trying out new delicious foods before you take the plundge.
Then you go vegan and realise there's so much you haven't tried yet.
It's incredible how many diverse foods there are available to us that we'd have just otherwise ignored.
Tofu is made from bean curd, however, Burmese tofu is made from beautiful nutty chickpea flour. Also called chickpea tofu or shan tofu, it is more similar to polenta than tofu.
For chopping up those veggies, make sure you check out our kitchen knife of choice here:
Here's what you'll need for the recipe:
- 1 cup chickpea flour garbanzo bean flour /besan flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric optional
- Black Pepper
- 3 cups water divided (1 1/2 cups in the dry mix, and 1 1/2 cups in the pan to boil)
1. Bring half the water to the boil in a pan
2. In a bowl, add the rest of the water and chickpea flour.
3. Whisk this up
4. Now add the spices
5. Add this mix to the boiling water and continue to heat and whisk for 8 minutes
6. Grease a square tray, and add the mix here
7. Leave it to cool for 1 hour.