If you want a creamy, deliciously smooth vegan mac and cheese recipe, then you have to try this!
It's remarkable, and anytime we've made it for non vegan friends, they were blown away.
Try it for yourself, or forever miss out.
- 3 sweet potatoes, baked for 40 minutes at 350F
- 500g pasta
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts soaked
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Chilli flakes
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 handful of chopped spring onions
1. Start by cooking a sweet potato at 350F for 30-40 minutes until soft.
2. Then in a bowl, soak some cashew nuts.
3. Cook the macaroni.
4. Now add the cashew nuts, lemon juice, yeast, dijon mustard, garlic cloves, paprika, chili flakes, turmeric and veggie broth to a blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Once pasta is cooked, add to a pan with the sauce, tomatoes and spring onion.
6. Now split the potato in 2 and load it with the mac n cheese pasta.