The problem with vegan burgers used to be that they were dry and just didn't have enough flavour.
Luckily, since we transitioned to a vegan diet, we've seen huge advancement in vegan burgers. But will still can't fit ones with the kind of punch you get from authentic spicy foods.
So, we made this, our delicious vegan tofu burger with a kick. If you like marinated tofu, then this will be for you.
To make sure you have the right tool (Knife) for the job, ensure that you check out our preferred product:
Here's what you'll need for the recipe:
- 200g tofu block
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red thai curry paste
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp tahini
- 3 tsp sraricha
- 2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 wholemeal bun
- Handful of romain lett
1. Tofu usually comes in a 400g pack, so sliced it in half and make a square shape. Then press as much water out of it as possible.
2. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add the tofu block. Heat on both sides on a high heat for 3 minutes.
3. Now add everything from the soy sauce to the sriracha, but only 2 tsp of sriracha.
4. Heat through on both sides until the tofu has browned on all edges
5. Now add the mushrooms in and cook them on a high heat for 3 minutes.
6. Move the burger and mushrooms aside to toast the bun. Add a little more oil if necessary.
7. Take the bun and load it with everything including the lettuce, tomato and sriracha.