Vegan Pancakes are just the perfect breakfast on the weekend when you've smashed your weekly fitness goals, had a lie and just need to treat yourself.
Or just because you can't stand to make another bowl of porridge.
Try something sweet, and different from your typical blueberry pancake.
Here's what you'll need for the recipe:
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil, more for the pan
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup soy milk
- Dark chocolate melted
- Desiccated coconut
- 1/2 banana, chopped
1. Combine all the top ingredients in a blende (Except the coconut oil) and blend together until you have a thick paste that holds well.
2. In a large pan, add some coconut oil and heat until melted.
3. Now add the batter of each pancake. Don't flip until there are bubbles in the middle (this is the baking powder), or the edges look stiff.
4. Once cooked, add to a plate, and quickly get your toppings ready.
5. Melt a few squares in a pan and then spoon the melted chocolate on top of your pancakes. Enjoy.