Probably the most frequently made meal in the Holt household, we love a good, simple curry. It's a regular bulk meal, and provides such balance, diversity and flavour. Oh the flavour is big here, and if you like it spicy, be sure to add fresh chilli on top.
Since you're here for the recipe though, here's exactly what you want.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 red pepper
- 400g tofu
- 4 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 250g basmati rice Spices
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
1. Cook the rice following the packet instructions. Set aside. Then melt coconut oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onion, tofu, and garlic. Sweat for 10 minutes. Now add the peppers and aim to brown off the sides of the tofu.
3. Now it's time for the spices to be added. Stir them in well and make sure all the vegetables are coated.
4. Now add the coconut milk and a little water if you prefer that consistency.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, then serve the curry mix on top of the rice.